This policy summarises how we obtain, store and use information about you. It is intended to provide a very general overview only. You should note the details of this policy may change from time to time although the objective of protecting your personal data will remain the same.
PVML is the data controller in respect of personal data collected via its website.
What are personal data?
Personal data are any data by which you can be identified. For instance, your name, postal or email address or telephone number or any other data which you provide to us along with such personal data.
What information do we collect?
When you use our website, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Name, email address & telephone number
- IP address & general location data such as the country you are located in.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information because we consider, after careful analysis, that it is in our legitimate interests to do so and that your interests will not be harmed. It is in our legitimate interests to monitor use of our website and to seek to improve it based on analysis of its usage. It is also in our legitimate interests to maintain contact with visitors to our website and other contacts with a view to potential mutually beneficial business arrangements in the future.
What do we do with this information?
We require this information to respond to contact requests and/or understand better who is using our website, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping
- To allow us, periodically, to send promotional emails
- To understand who is using our website and where
We will not share your data with anyone unconnected with PVML, except with your express permission or unless required to do so by law or in accordance with a regulation to which we are subject. Where we use other parties to process your personal data for us, we will ensure that they are obliged to protect your data in the same way that we are.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data as long as necessary to provide the services to you that you have requested or for as long as we are obliged to keep such data by law or regulation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In particular, data held by PVML are held on password protected, encrypted devices with up-to-date antivirus software.
For administrative reasons, personal data that we collect may be stored on servers located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In such cases, either the data will be held in jurisdictions that provide comparable protections to those available in the EEA or the organisations holding the data will have given undertakings to provide equivalent protections.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages of our website are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website by tailoring it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data are removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The following are the cookies currently running on our website:
- _ga – Google Analytics – website statistics
- _gid – Google Analytics – website statistics
- _gat – Google Analytics – website statistics
Your rights in relation to your information
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information, which you can exercise by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- to request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your information;
- to request the correction or deletion of your information;
- to request that we restrict our use of your information;
- to receive information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. a CSV file) and the right to have that information transferred to another data controller (including a third-party data controller);
- to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes; and
- to withdraw your consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent. You should also be aware that, if we delete your data, we will be unable to communicate with you.
In accordance with Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation. For the purposes of the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the contact details of which are available here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Verifying your identity where you request access to your information
Where you request access to your information, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so. These measures are designed to protect your information and to reduce the risk of identity fraud, identity theft or general unauthorised access to your information.
Where we possess appropriate information about you on file, we will attempt to verify your identity using that information. If it is not possible to identity you from such information, or if we have insufficient information about you, we may require original or certified copies of certain documentation in order to be able to verify your identity before we are able to provide you with access to your information.
We will be able to confirm the precise information we require to verify your identity in your specific circumstances if and when you make such a request.
For further information please contact us using the details in the “Contact us” section of this website.